Free Shipping Within India
ISO Authorized Lab Certificate with every order
Customer Support 9125034444
Ruby, commonly known as 'Manik' in Hindi, is a red color precious astrological gemstone associated with Leo sun planets. We boast a huge collection of Certified Ruby from Thailand, Mozambique and Africa.
Before buying and wearing Ruby, one must check the suitability as per Vedic astrology.
According to Vedic Astrology Ruby is a Precious Gemstone associated with Sun and is known to offer all the benefits of Sun to its wearer.
Ruby being the Gemstone for Planet Sun is highly suitable and beneficial for sun ruled zodiac Leo. Ascendants of Aries, Cancer, Sagittarius, Pisces and Scorpio can also wear a Ruby stone.
We suggest you to consult with any competent Astrologer to better understand the placement of Sun in your birth chart and suitability of Ruby for you.
You can also book a telephonic consultation with our vedic Astrologer here
Ruby should be worn only and only on the ring finger of the working hand or in a pendant and it should be done only on Sunday at 9:15 AM to 12:00 PM and 6:15 PM to 9:00 PM
Gold should be the first choice of metal which should be used for a Ruby ring/pendant or Bracelet. Silver, Panchdhatu / Ashthdhatu can also be used as metal for Ruby stone.
Weight: Ideally, the minimum weight of Manik which should be worn is calculated according to your body weight. (15 – 18 kgs of body weight denotes 1 carat). So if your body weight is 72 kgs, you must wear a minimum of 4 carats ruby.
How to Wear: Place the Ruby ring or Pendant in a metal bowl. Add gangaajal, raw cow milk, honey, tulsi leaves and ghee. Recite “Om Hram Hreem Hroum Sah Suryaya Namah” (ॐ ह्राँ ह्रीं ह्रौं स: सूर्याय नम:) OR “Om Ghrini Suryay Namah” (ॐ घृणिः सूर्याय नमः) and immediately remove the ring, clean it with water and wear it on the index finger of working hand.
Re-Charge your Ruby with natural elements: Many of us wear rings and pendants with gemstones but not everyone gets the result out of them or sometimes the undesired. So, we like to share some tips to recharge your gemstones likely to keep on getting the positive results out of the gemstones for longer time.
NOTE: Ruby(represents Sun)-> Add Ganga Jal(or any Holy Water) in a deep glass bowl -> dip the Ruby in it and place in the first hour of sunrise on Sunday for 40 min every month -> Afterwards wear it again as mentioned earlier.
The Ruby you own and are going to wear should have been gone through the Pran Pratishtha before sending to you and you can do it yourself as: including East, North facing Matt placed on an auspicious day and nakshatra for performing pooja. Grams placed on Yellow cloth and Gangaajal washed, Kumkum and Sandal applied gemstone placed on the thaal. After lighting an incense stick in front of the gemstone the mantra “Om Hram Hreem Hroum Sah Suryaya Namah” (ॐ ह्राँ ह्रीं ह्रौं स: सूर्याय नम:) OR “Om Ghrini Suryay Namah” (ॐ घृणिः सूर्याय नमः) is enchanted to create a live energy inside the stone.
Relax, if you cannot do the Pran pratishtha procedure of the gemstone by yourself, we at MyRatna will do it for you according to the genuine Vedic Scriptures at no cost.
To revitalize the gemstone dip it in salty water for 1 hour in every three months and again wear according to the above mentioned time.
Ruby belongs to the category of precious gemstones. It is a red-colored gemstone. The wearer of the unblemished ruby enjoys wealth and property and is blessed with children. Ruby helps in becoming fearless, and the wearer is protected from afflictions, sorrow, and disasters. He becomes virile strengthening his will power and spirit, giving him a respected position in society.
|Origin: Thailand||Origin: Mozambique||Origin: African|
NOTE : Prices may vary according to the scope of availability of the rough in nature and market as well as Government Policies.
Mainly three things (3C’s) are considered while deciding quality of astrological Ruby namely Cut Colour and Clarity.
According to the latest technological advancement the Science of Symmetry is followed by MyRatna to harness all the natural benefits of the gemstone.
Ruby Stone Product Specifications :-
Ruby commonly known as Manik is basically a corundum mineral species gemstone and is one of the traditional cardinal gems which comes in different pinkish hues to blood red/pigeon red to the most admired 'Sunrise red Ruby"
Ruby Product Properties:
Content :- Aluminium oxide, Al2O3
Crystal System :-Trigonal
Crystal Habit :- Prismatic
Hardness :- 9 on Moh’s scale
Specific Gravity :- 3.97-4.05
Refractive Index :-1.768 - 1.772
Origin :- Australia, Brazil, Columbia, India and Japan
Click on any image below to enlarge
Before buying Ruby, you must consider the following things:
Buy from a Reputed organization: You should always purchase Ruby of any other gemstone from an organization that has larger presence across the market. Small dealers might fool you by selling treated or synthetic Ruby at the price of a genuine one. Online Gem Websites generally avoid any unethical practices.
Lab Certification:- Always ensure that you get a certification for your purchase of Ruby. Also, make sure that the certificate is from a Government Lab. or Govt. Authorized Laboratory.
Check the Videos of Gem:- Always check the video of ruby gem before purchasing to get the best idea of cut, color and clarity.
Refund policy:- Read the refund policy (if any) carefully. Every authentic astrological gemstone purchase should have a refund policy. You can read our Return Policy here
Commercial mining locations of Ruby(Maanik) include Old Burma, New Burma, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Africa and India.
While buying Ruby online, make sure to get a lab report stating the origin and treatment (if any) of the gemstone as the gemstone shouldn’t get any treatment beyond slight heating of first degree, as severe treatments including dying and glass filling alters the basic astrological properties of Ruby.
4. What is the Substitute for Ruby?
ans: Spinel, Tourmaline, Garnet, Red Onyx gemstone are widely used as a substitute for Ruby gemstone.
KNOW YOUR GEMSTONE
Ruby gemstone commonly known as:
· Soorkhh (Persian)
· Rubis (French)
Ruby is one of the most valuable precious gemstone and part of corundum family. It represents Sun in the solar system according to Vedic Astrology. Color ranges from brownish red to light red, bright red, pinkish red, dark red, brownish red, purplish-red and pink depending upon the chromium and iron content of the stone.
The most rare, highly valued ruby is the star ruby, which is also called pigeon or dove blood because its color resembles the blood of a pigeon or dove. It is a deep pure red with a hint of bluish purple, and is the most sought after shade. Inside of the ruby is what appears to be a star, a six-ray star with perfect symmetry. The center of the star moves when the stone is moved.
Sri Lanka, India, Madagascar, Russia are the high production sites of Ruby around the world.
ATTRIBUTES AND BENEFITS
· The word ruby comes from the Latin rubens which means red.
· Ruby is the birthstone for July.
· It is also a traditional gift for those celebrating 15th or 40th anniversaries.
· Rubies are extremely strong and are as resilient as sapphires, registering 9 on the Mohs scale of hardness.
· The most precious rubies are those with a full, rich red color with just a hint of blue tones.
· Originally, the finest rubies were mined in Myanmar and it is from there that the term Burmese ruby began to describe the finest rubies.
· Almost all rubies have flaws. Rubies without imperfections are exceptionally rare and command prices even higher than diamonds of a similar weight and quality.
· This brilliant gemstone helps in creating wealth.
· The world's largest ruby is owned by a Chinese jewelry company. It weighs 8184 g (40920 Carat) and measures 5.11 x 5.43 x 5.70 inches.
· Rubies, because of their brilliant red hues, are often related to themes concerning the essence and vibrancy of life. If there is one gemstone that represents the passion of love, it is the ruby.
· Almost all natural rubies are treated to improve their color and strengthen them. This is standard practice in the jewelry industry and is accepted by the American Gem Trade Association and Israel-Diamonds.
· Chromium is the trace element that causes ruby’s red color, which ranges from an orangy red to a purplish red.;
The strength of ruby’s red color depends on how much chromium is present—the more chromium, the stronger the red color. Chromium can also cause fluorescence, which adds to the intensity of the red color.
· Uncut Ruby is readily available, polished gemstone is expensive.
· Any jewelry that carries a Ruby signifies so much passion and love between two people, that it makes Ruby an ideal choice for engagement or Valentine’s Day jewelry
· Inclusions within a ruby are like fingerprints, proving its authenticity and revealing the beauty and the individuality of each stone
· The ruby is a little softer than the sapphire
Qualities of Ruby Gemstone:-
· Superb quality: If it ignites in the darkness.
· Fine quality: If Ruby is rubbed on the stone and it shows signs of rubbing on the stone.
· Good quality: If Ruby does not lose weight while rubbing it on the stone.
“MOGOK is the renowned valley of rubies in Myanmar(Burma); the source of many of the world’s most fabulous gems.”
· Ruby is called Ratnanayaka, the lord or leader of the gemstones and the king of precious stones by Indians.
· Ruby is described in the Orient.“A drop of the heart’s blood of Mother Earth”.
· It is believed by ancient Hindus that those who offered fine rubies to the Lord Krishna were granted rebirth as emperors.
· Also Hindus divided ruby into four castes much like social classes and were sorted into upper class, middle class, and lower class in terms of flawlessness and beauty. Accordingly, no inferior Ruby was allowed contact with a superior one as it was believed that the better ones would be contaminated by inferior ones. The true Oriental ruby being called a Brahmin.
· According to Hindus light colored rubies are considered to be appropriate for women, and darker rubies to be appropriate for men and for centuries designer ruby earrings have been a popular jewelry choice in India.
“As a symbol of passion, ruby makes an ideal romantic gift.”
· Famous Rubies : the "Rosser Reeves Star Ruby" the "Edward’s Ruby," and the "De Long Star Ruby"
· In 2011, an 8.24 carat ruby ring belonging to Elizabeth Taylor and made by Van Cleef & Arpels sold at auction for $4.2 million, with the per carat price amounting to approximately $500,000.
· The "Hope Ruby" which weighs 32.08 carats is the most expensive Ruby ever sold($6.74 million).
· Red spinels were thought to be rubies, before the 19th century.
· Until it was discovered that many red stones were, in fact, red spinels , famous stones including "Black Prince's Ruby" and "Timur Ruby" were considered to be rubies.
· In the 1880’s, French jewelers called the ruby the “dearly loved stone”.
· Because Ruby gemstone inspires emotions than almost any other stone, it is favorite gem among those in power and those in love.
· It was believed in some ancient cultures that Rubies and other gemstones grew on trees like fruits. Would bud as tiny white gems then slowly grow and ripen turning red in the light of the sun, ready to be plucked when saturated with red color.
· Deemed to be the most precious of gemstones by the Bible and the ancient Sanskrit writings.
· In the middle ages, it was thought the Ruby darkened when danger was near and viewed as a stone of prophecy.
· In the 15th-16th Centuries, rubies were thought to counteract poison. When rubbed on the skin, they were also thought to restore youth and vitality.
“For thousands of years, Ruby was considered the stone of love, energy, passion, power, and a zest for life.”
· Early cultures treasured rubies for their similarity to the redness of the blood that flowed through their veins, and believed that rubies held the power of life.
· Ruby is desired greatly as much today as it always has been just. The lush color of Ruby attracts consumers because it signifies wealth and success.
· Rubies are easy to care for because they are hard and durable.
· Do not wear a ruby if you are doing any sort of rough work or are using harsh chemicals.
· As they may scratch other, softer gemstones Rubies should be stored in a fabric-lined box, away from other pieces of jewelry.
· When it is time to clean them, you can use soapy water and a brush, or a commercial jewelry cleanser.
· It is important to rinse the stone thoroughly and dry it, after cleaning it.
· Taking care of your ruby ensures and retains its beauty for many years to come.
RUBY - Various Perspectives
§ SPIRITUAL BENEFITS
· Promotes spiritual vitality by protecting the wearer from negative entities.
· Brings spiritual wisdom
· Enhances spiritual well-being by removing obstructions and shielding against psychic attacks.
GEM THERAPY and HEALTH
· Ruby makes you stronger during times of controversy or dispute and shield against physical attack.
· The uplifting and vital nature of Ruby is an encouragement to live fully, and embrace the joy of life that is missing in many people's lives.
· Gives support to the “self”.
“Having the power of reconciliation,a Ruby is said to be a settler of disputes.”
§ Energy Healing
· Given this stone’s protective effect, it makes you stronger during disputes or controversy.
· Emotionally, Ruby is dynamic.
· It charges up passion and fires the enthusiasm.
· Sociable stone that attracts sexual activity.
· Overcomes exhaustion and lethargy and imparts potency and vigor.
· Calms hyperactivity.
· Unlock blockages and balances through creating movement, allowing energies to flow about more freely and positively.
“Ruby is the perfect symbol for powerful feeling.”
§ CHAKRA HEALING
· Ruby stimulates the Heart Chakra and balances the heart.
· It encourages “following your bliss”.
· Powerful shield against psychic attack(the direction of malevolent thoughts or feelings toward another person, whether consciously or unconsciously, that can create illness or disruption in that person’s life)and vampirism(a person’s ability to draw or “feed off” the energy of others) of energy.
· Promotes positive dreams and clear visualizations.
· Stimulates the pineal gland.
“Ruby is one of the stone of abundance and aids retaining wealth and passion.”
§ Helps to overcome exhaustion and calm hyperactivity.
§ Increases energy and vigor and restore vital life forces.
§ Detoxifies the body and blood, treat fevers, diseases, and normalizes restricted blood flow.
§ Good for the heart and circulatory system and stimulate the adrenals, kidneys, reproductive organs and spleen.
“Under the influence of Ruby, the mind is sharp and heightened awareness and excellent concentration.”
· Ruby is also known as the stone of courage, and legend tells us that a person possessing a ruby can walk through life without fear of evil or misfortune.
· It is believed that rubies improve motivation and the setting of goals.
· Promotes dynamic leadership.
· Brings a positive and courageous state of mind - one that is sharp, hyper aware and concentrated.
· Improves motivation and setting of realistic goals.
· Brings up anger or negative energy for transmutation.
· Encourages removal of anything negative from your path.
· It helps to bring down the walls we build around us to keep others out.
§ LOVE and RELATIONSHIPS
“Ruby allows the fire of passion and love to advance.”
· The captivating gemstone has the ability to stir passions and stimulate the heart, bringing love and commitment to the life of the wearer.
· It is the virtuous stone since ancient times brings positive energy ion the wearer, which is manifested in the form of true love and sexual energy in the relationship.
· It acts as a gemstone of sensuality, bringing a spark between the couple.
· In addition to physical desire, the sensuous ruby stone opens the heart of the wearer and makes the person indulge in true love, coming from the depths of the heart.
· Emotional disorders, pessimism, self centeredness and haughtiness pose potential threat to personal relationships caused by malefic placement of the Sun can be nullified by wearing a natural Ruby.
· A ruby ring should be worn by people who are experiencing a turbulent phase in their relationship, as it has the ability to bring back energy and passion in their relationship.
· Also brings liveliness and positive in the nature of the wearer, nurturing an overall positive influence on his personal life and relations.
· Helps in establishing effective communication of feelings with one another.
· Assists in releasing trapped love energy and protect the heart from getting hurt because of needless suffering in love.
§ Ruby in Zoisite(Aniolite) as a combination stone :
· Activates the crown chakra
· Creates an altered state of consciousness
· Facilitates access to soul memory and spiritual learning
· Extremely helpful in soul healing and past-life work.
· Powerfully magnetizes the biomagnetic(the energy field that surrounds all living things) field around the body
(Please note: Information on this web site is thoroughly researched and collected from internet websites, books, based on centuries of folklore etc followed by adequately curated presentation provided here is for entertainment and reference purposes only. And is no substitute for consulting a health care professional. All information contained on this web site, including information relating to medical and health conditions, products and treatments, is for informational purposes only. Please see your doctor or health care professional before starting any alternative treatments, diets, supplements or exercise programs.)
Connect with our Gem Experts Now.